Name and address of controller
Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
Tel: +43 1 9076313
(1) Under applicable law, you have various rights to your personal information.
- Right to confirmation and information
- Right to rectification
- Right to cancellation (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to objection
- Right to revoke a data protection consent
If you would like to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post with a clear identification of your person to the above mentioned address.
(2) You also have the right to complain to us about the processing of your personal data by a data protection supervisory authority.
(1) In the merely informative use of our website, e.g. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
- our visited website
- used IP address (possibly in anonymous form)
- Date and time of access
- Time Zone Difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- each transmitted amount of data in bytes·
- Website from which you came to the site (Source / reference)
- used browser
- used operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal information you may have provided, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any particular person.
(2) The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
Our website makes use of so-called cookies in order to recognize repeated use of our website by the same user/internet connection subscriber. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser downloads and stores on your computer. They are used to improve our website and services. In most cases these are so-called “session cookies” that are deleted once you leave our website.
To an extent, however, these cookies also pass along information used to automatically recognize you. Recognition occurs through an IP address saved to the cookies. The information thereby obtained is used to improve our services and to expedite your access to the website.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. You can also opt to be informed about the setting of cookies and to decide individually on their acceptance. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the Help menu of each browser, which explains how to change your cookie settings.These can be found for the respective browser under the following links:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
You should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of our website.
Further functions and offers of our website
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested (e.g. registration). To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. In part, we may use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(1) If you send us inquiries via e-mail, your details will be stored for the purpose of processing the request and in case of follow-up questions. It is necessary to enter your name and an e-mail address. The specification of a telephone number and other data is voluntary and serves to facilitate contact and to be able to address you personally. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Your data will be deleted after final processing of your request, this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question is finally clarified and provided that there are no statutory storage requirements.
Use of Jetpack with wordpress.com stats
The collection and use of data by Jetpack can be excluded with future effect by setting an opt-out cookie for your browser at http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out. If you should delete all cookies from your browser, this opt-out process will have to be repeated.
You may contact us at no cost if you have questions relating to the collection, processing or use of your personal information, if you wish to request the correction, blocking or deletion of the same, or if you wish to cancel explicitly granted consent. Please note that you have the right to have incorrect data corrected or to have personal data deleted, where such claim is not barred by any legal obligation to retain this data.
This document was last updated on 23 May 2018.