ICOAS 2018 is jointly organised by FiBL and Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH.
FiBL is an independent, non-profit, research institute with the aim of advancing cutting-edge science in the field of organic agriculture. FiBL’s research team works together with farmers to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to boost agricultural productivity while never losing sight of environmental, health and socio-economic impacts. Alongside practical research, FiBL gives high priority to transferring knowledge into agricultural practice through advisory work, training and conferences. FiBL has offices in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France and Brussels (FiBL Europe) and numerous projects and initiatives in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa.
Based in Vienna FiBL Austria was founded in May 2004. The FiBL team in Austria currently consists of 35 staff members.
For further information on the activities of FiBL Austria please click here.
About Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH
Established in 2001 the Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH is the managing company of the Esterhazy corporate group. The corporate group comprises today the four business areas “forestry, agriculture and nature management”, “real estate and recreational facilities”, “tourism, culture and event management”, as well as “winery”. Those four business areas are individually managed. Yet, the Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH is responsible for the overall management.
For further information on the activities of the Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH please click here.
- Andreas Kranzler – FiBL
- Lisa Haller – FiBL
- Markus Fritz – Esterhazy Betriebe GmbH
- Dora Drexler – ÖMKi
- Klaus Wiesinger – LfL
- Jiri Urban – UKZUZ
- Michal Rzytki – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Poland
- Magdalena Lacko-Bartošová – University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
The following organisations kindly support ICOAS 2018
- Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism, Austria
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Poland
- Ministry of Agriculture, Hungary
- UKZUZ – Central Institute for supervising and testing in agriculture, Czech Republic
- FiBL – Research Institute on Organic Agriculture
- ÖMKi – Research Institute on Organic Agriculture, Hungary
- Bioinstitut, o.p.s, Czech Republic
- CTPEZ/CTPOA – Czech Technology Platform for Organic Agriculture, Czech Republic
- BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria
- University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- LfL – Bavarian State Research Center for Agriculture, Germany
Associations and other organisations:
- IFOAM EU
- LKÖ – Chamber of Agriculture Austria
- Netzwerk Zukunftsraum Land – the Austrian Rural Network
- Bioselena – Foundation for Organic Agriculture, Bulgaria
- BioEAST, Hungary
ICOAS 2018 is held in partnership with the 12th European Organic Congress