Call for Abstracts
Please note that in addition to submit an abstract, which will be attributed to a session, interested applicants also have the possibility to propose a full session. For more information please click here.
Please click here for the on-line Abstract Submission.
ICOAS focuses on the dissemination of the latest research results in organic agriculture and the knowledge transfer between actors in East- and Central-Europe.
Presentations are invited on one of the following topics related to the conference theme “Dynamic developments in organic research – strengthening partnerships across Europe and beyond“:
- Organic breeding and seed production
- Crop production
- Animal husbandry and welfare
- Sustainable bee keeping
- Urban-rural relations – production, delivery and consumption
- Development of local organic markets – possibilities and limitations
- Complex value chains/ Sustainable food supply chains and organic trade
- Farm Diversification
Consumers’ perspectives and expectations
- Values across CEE countries influencing organic production and consumption
- Food quality, safety, health, nutrition and authenticity
- Community supported agriculture – Agriculture supported communities
Knowledge transfer and dissemination
- Effective capacity building and partnerships across the value chain
- Status quo of organic research across countries (basic research, applied research, participatory research)
- Better sharing of research results
Analysis and assessment
- Sustainability assessment
- Ecosystem services
- Efficiency of demonstration-networks
Innovations for the organic sector
- Increased productivity within organic methods
- New breeding techniques and organic principles – challenges and opportunities
- Agriculture technologies in organic agriculture
Agricultural policy and law
- Fighting fraud and effective fraud prevention
- New EU organic regulation – relevant aspects of future Implementing Acts for EU member states
Interested applicants must submit an abstract no later than 15 July 2018. Authors should indicate their preference for presentation type (oral or poster) and indicate which topic (listed above) their paper addresses. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Please bear in mind the maximum number of words when typing the abstract text. Abstracts must not exceed 3’000 characters in length excluding title, authors and affiliations but including references.
Abstracts must contain a clear statement of the purpose of the work, the methods used, the results, and the author’s discussion and conclusions. Results should be presented and discussed in sufficient detail to support conclusions drawn. The conference language is English.
The decision to accept or reject a presentation by the Scientific Committee is final. Reviewers will decide whether abstracts are accepted (with amendments or revision, if necessary) and, if accepted, whether they should be oral presentations or posters. They will also assign oral presentations to the most appropriate sessions for the conference (unless the presentation is part of a session proposal).
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings. In addition there might be the possibility to publish a full paper version in a special peer reviewed ICOAS-edition.
Please note that in the abstract submission tool you have to upload the plain text (this will then be formatted for the conference proceedings). In addition you have the possibility to upload a formatted pdf version. When submitting, the presenting author needs to be announced. However, this does not necessarily have to be the submitting author.
Please click here for the on-line Abstract Submission. You will be requested to create an account in order to access the submission-tool.
All accepted presenters must register for the conference. Please note that accepted presenters are entitled to the early bird fee, independent of the time of registration.
15 July 2018 – Deadline for abstracts submission
15 July 2018 – Deadline for session submission
15 July 2018 – Deadline for early bird registration
You can download the call here.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide you with any funding for presenting at ICOAS. However, there might be the possibility for funding depending on your country of origin. Please check the possibilities for national funding and scholarship possibilities in your country, e.g. the programme of DAAD.
Moreover, there might be the possibility to receive some refund for travel and accomodation costs (depending on your country of origin) – please contact the conference secretariat.